BWCE and Stemy Energy invite you to help shape the future
We are recruiting volunteers to test a smart app designed by Stemy Energy which helps shift electricity demand away from peak times, in order to reduce carbon emissions and the cost of maintaining the local network.
- The app works by learning energy behaviour and building performance, predicting weather patterns and automating energy controls in response.
- It has been well tested by Stemy Energy in Spain and now we are working with them to adapt it for use in the UK.
- The pilot project is focusing on testing the app with hot water heating (see below).
- Following the pilot project we aim to develop the project to manage electricity demand from space heating, electric vehicles etc and provide a mechanism for integrating solar PV.
- In the future we believe that this project could help villages and other small neighbourhoods to become more energy resilient through local renewable energy projects.
- Involvement in this project will influence how we develop an approach that will become central to the energy transition over the next 3-5 years.
Pilot project (hot water control)
Applications for this have now closed. We have recruited a pilot group of volunteers who will:
Allow the app to remotely control (within pre-set comfort levels) when the immersion heater heats the hot water.
Give us feedback on their experience of using the app so we can develop it as necessary before we roll it out to other households.
For more information on the Flex Community project and the hot water pilot see our frequently asked questions.
Any questions please contact: Nick Bird at [email protected] or call 07517 100889.