Help us tackle climate change
Open share offer – you can apply at any time
Shares allocated every two months – 6th Share Allocation on 31st January
We invite you to become a member of BWCE and buy shares in the organisation, or, if you are already a member, to increase your investment.
At a vital time for all those concerned with climate change, help us do more to reduce our collective impact. As well as making a clear statement of support for what we are trying to achieve, becoming a member of BWCE will also provide you with the opportunity to get involved in a not-for-profit community enterprise, democratically run by its members based on one member one vote. An organisation that is committed to carbon reduction and delivering community benefit, whilst also offering a fair rate of interest on member investment.
New shares are being offered with a target interest rate of 4% subject to performance and a minimum investment of £100. We plan to increase the target rate for these shares to 5% within a few years as new income streams grow. This new share issue will not affect the terms of existing shareholders.
Shares are withdrawable at the discretion of the BWCE board. Applications for share withdrawal are considered once a year at the first board meeting after 1stJuly. Our policy on share withdrawal can be found here.
For more information on our share offer please….
This takes you to a separate online application form that allows you to read the share offer document online and apply for shares. Shares can be paid for online by debit card or by bank transfer.
Funds raised to date – £313,800
The next allocation of shares will take place on 31st January. Interest on all shares allocated at that time will also start to accrue from the 31st January. The share offer will remain open and the next allocation of shares after this date will take place two months later at the end of March.
BWCE needs new capital in order to:
- Establish an innovation fund that BWCE can use to test new approaches to reducing carbon emissions. For example:
- Our Solar Streets project is integrating batteries with household solar PV installations and encouraging householders to reduce electricity demand at peak times.
- Our Flex Community project is testing a smart app designed by Stemy Energy which helps shift electricity demand away from peak times, in order to reduce carbon emissions and the cost of maintaining the local network.
- Install more community scale roof mounted solar PV systems on a similar basis to the ones already carried out. Find out more by going to Community Solar 2020.
- Provide replacement finance for some of our existing capital, improving liquidity and allowing some of our existing shareholders to withdraw their shares more quickly if they wish.
Our Share Offer has received the Community Shares Standard Mark
The Community Shares Standard Mark is awarded by the Community Shares Unit to offers that meet national standards of good practice. For more information about community shares, the Community Shares Standard Mark go to the Community Shares Unit.
Note, that investing in BWCE puts your capital at risk. This means that you may lose some or all of the money that you invest. Read the full offer document, understand the risks and agree with the terms before investing.