Bath & West Community Energy is governed by a board of directors that includes the Chair, Jane Stephenson, 5 Non-executive directors elected by the membership – Jon Bateman, Peter Harvey, Jolyon Orchard, Pam Penkman, Barney Rhys Jones and BWCE’s Managing Director, Pete Capener. Jeff Kenna, Sonya Bedford and Rupert Atkinson have been co-opted onto the board to provide additional expertise on commercial, technical and legal issues.
The board is supported by Nick Bird on community outreach and communications and Alison Turnbull on project development with further expertise being drawn in when needed.
Together the board brings:
- Strong commitment to community outcomes and community benefit
- Expertise in renewable energy and energy efficiency projects
- Entrepreneurial zeal
- Electricity contracting and negotiation experience
- Business experience
- Strong financial and commercial expertise
- Legal skills and experience
- History of working on community projects in Bath and surrounding area