Bath & West Community Energy is governed by a board of directors that includes the Chair, Jane Stephenson, 4 other Non-executive directors elected by the membership – Jon Bateman, Mike Bess, Jane Laurie, Pam Penkman and BWCE’s Executive Director, Pete Capener. Jeff Kenna has been co-opted onto the board to provide additional expertise and continuity.
Mongoose Energy is a majority community owned company set up by BWCE to take on and expand BWCE’s project development portfolio. It is important to the effective operation of BWCE that it is able to hold Mongoose Energy representatives to account at board level for the delivery of Mongoose Energy’s services to BWCE that include asset management, project development and accounting. Currently Mongoose Energy representatives are in attendance at board meetings.
Together the board brings:
- Expertise in renewable energy and energy efficiency projects
- Entrepreneurial zeal
- Electricity contracting and negotiation experience
- Financial track record
- Business experience
- Accounting and financial expertise
- History of working on community projects in Bath and surrounding area
- Peter Andrews - Member Communications, Community and Press