Bath & West Community Energy is governed by a board of directors that includes the Chair, Jane Stephenson, 5 Non-executive directors elected by the membership – Jon Bateman, Mike Bess, Jolyon Orchard, Pam Penkman, Peter Harvey and BWCE’s Executive Director, Pete Capener. Jeff Kenna and Sonya Bedford have been co-opted onto the board to provide additional expertise on commercial, technical and legal issues.
The board is supported by Nick Bird on community outreach and communications and Alison Turnbull on project development with further expertise being drawn in when needed.
Mongoose Energy is a majority community owned company set up by BWCE to take on and expand BWCE’s project development portfolio. Mongoose Energy’s services to BWCE include asset management, project development & financing and financial reporting. Currently Mongoose Energy representatives attend board meetings.
Together the board brings:
- Expertise in renewable energy and energy efficiency projects
- Entrepreneurial zeal
- Electricity contracting and negotiation experience
- Business experience
- Strong financial and commercial expertise
- Legal skills and experience
- History of working on community projects in Bath and surrounding area