WHO ARE WE
Bath & West Community Energy is a Community Benefit Society, registered with the Financial Conduct Authority, registered number 30960R, registered address 19 Maple Grove, Bath, BA2 3AF. Our website address is: http://www.bwce.coop.
Bath and West Community Energy (BWCE) and our partner Bright Renewables are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The data controller is our partner Bright Renewables (trading name for Community Owned Asset Management Ltd, company number 11681279) of N107 Vox Studios, Durham Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5JH.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling the various forms on our site (contact form, register your interest form, and newsletter subscription form). You can freely and voluntarily provide the information requested, except in the mandatory fields mandatory. The non-introduction of the information requested as mandatory may cause your request not to be fulfilled.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- IP ADDRESSES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to members of our team and/or communication agencies we work with. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our Cookies Policy section of this page.
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
By filling in the contact forms on our website, your personal data will be added to an automated file generated by WordPress owned by us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We inform you that you can change your mind at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the page of any email you receive by us or by contacting us at [email protected]
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer our site or subscription services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To provide you with information on products or services that you request from us or which we believe may interest you based on the data you give us or your preferences, or where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. This information includes opportunities for community-owned renewable energy investments, share or bond offers, community project updates, general updates and news about us and news and analysis from within the community energy world.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service, your subscription or our contract with you.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our team. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you including in relation to the supply of information or invitations to events;
- Business partners and suppliers where you have agreed to this;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our rights, to view our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data. You can do so by contacting us at [email protected]
- EXTERNAL LINKS
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us at [email protected]
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address or name, please let us know the correct details by writing to [email protected]You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Helping us to achieve our Vision (for a local area able to supply decreasing local energy demand with increasing generation from renewable energy, driven by collective action and community ownership) more efficiently.
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties.
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
YouTube (owned by Google) & Google Analytics
|Our site displays videos from our YouTube channel. When you watch them, YouTube (Google) sets cookies to track usage of its services, remember preferences (such as language) and to make its advertising more relevant.|
|We use Google Analytics which sets cookies to compile visitor statistics such as how many people have visited our website, what type of technology they are using (e.g. Mac or Windows which helps to identify when our site isn’t working as it should for particular technologies), how long they spend on the site, what page they look at etc. This helps us to continuously improve our website. These so called “analytics” programs also tell us, on an anonymous basis, how people came to visit the site (e.g. from a search engine).|
|_AVESTA_ENVIRONMENT||We administer our newsletter using Mailchimp newsletter provider which sets this cookie so we can link to our list to add subscribers to our newsletter|
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
Use of this site
- Your use of this site, which is provided by Bath and West Community Energy (BWCE), is expressly conditional upon your acceptance of the following terms and conditions. By using this site you signify your consent to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with any part of the following terms and conditions you must not use this site. By subscribing to any of our email services, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- All copyright and other intellectual property rights in this website (including without limitation the text, graphics and other content) are owned or controlled by BWCE or its licensors.
- You may download and print extracts from the site and make copies of these for your own personal and non-commercial use only. You are not allowed to download or print the material, or extracts from it, in a systematic or regular manner or otherwise so as to create a database in electronic or paper form comprising all or part of the material appearing on this website.
- You must not reproduce any part of this website or the material or transmit it to or store it in any other website or disseminate any part of the material in any other form, unless we have indicated in writing that you may do so. The design, arrangement and look and feel of this website are also the copyright of BWCE and/or its licensors and may not be copied or otherwise reproduced.
- The trademarks, trade names and logos displayed on this website are the property of BWCE and/or its licensors or other third parties. Users should not use these without the prior written permission of BWCE or the relevant third party.
- We are providing this website and its contents on an ‘as is’ basis and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, excludes all representations or warranties of any kind including, without limitation, warranties implied by statute. In addition, we do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this website is accurate, complete or current.
- We will not be liable for any loss which may result from the use of this website including, without limitation, loss due to any computer virus or viruses which may infect your computer equipment as a result of your access to or use of this website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from this website (except for death or personal injury attributable to our negligence and to the extent permitted at law).
Other websites and services
- You can access other sites via links or URL re-directions from this site. These sites are not under our control and we are not responsible in any way for any of their contents. You agree that we will not be party to any transaction or contract with any third party that you may enter into and we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those third party websites and services. You agree you will not involve us in any dispute you may have with any such third party website or service.
Privacy and Data Protection
- Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to this site we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
Severance, Governing Law & Jurisdiction
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable such invalidity shall not affect the other provisions of these terms and conditions which shall remain in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- References to ‘BWCE ’, ‘us’, ‘our’, and ‘we’ are to BWCE or Bright Renewables, 107 Vox Studios, Durham Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5JH.
- These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the site after it has been posted.