We want are building a people-powered network to promote practical action on community energy across the Bath & West area and we need supporters in every community to help us. If you can spare some time to help us realise our vision please complete our Supporters Survey. It should only take 5-10 minutes.
BWCE are pleased to announce the launch of Community Solar 2020, a new programme to install community owned solar pv in the Bath & West area.
Community Solar 2020 will offer free solar panel installations for businesses, schools and community buildings.
- BWCE will raise the money, install the systems, own and maintain them.
- BWCE will sell the solar generated electricity to the building owner at least 10% cheaper than the grid and help them to slash their carbon emissions.
- Surplus income is donated to local community projects to reduce emissions and fuel poverty through the BWCE Community Fund.
- Organisations that install community owned solar will be given an opportunity to invest in BWCE and earn an annual return.
We are asking BWCE members and supporters to become Solar Roof Spotters to help us find potential roofs for the project.
Please go to our Community Solar 2020 web pages where you will find links to:
- A Community Solar 2020 leaflet
- A Roof Spotters Guide providing lots of information to help you find suitable roofs
- Frequently Asked Questions targeted at building owners/managers.
- A self-assessment survey which building owners/managers can complete to express interest.
We have been successful in signing up an initial group of volunteers for our Flex Community project to test and develop the Stemy Energy smart app that we believe has great potential to reduce carbon emissions, help the grid manage supply and demand better and ultimately make it easier to supply renewable energy directly to villages and small neighbourhoods.
We are now looking for more participants who meet the following criteria to join them in the New Year.
- Live in Bath & North East Somerset or adjoining areas (e.g. Bradford on Avon, Corsham, Trowbridge, Marshfield).
- Keen to do something practical about the climate crisis.
- Use an electric immersion heater to heat water (either as the main source or as a back-up).
Anyone interested in helping us to develop Flex Community is invited to attend our next public meeting:
Thursday 28th November
Bath Royal Literary and Scientific Institution
16-18 Queen Square
Bath BA1 2HN
More details and booking via Eventbrite