- You have a choice of investing for the short term with our 2 year bonds or for the medium to long term by becoming a member of BWCE by investing a minimum of £500 of shares
- BWCE intends to provide investors with a fair return on their investment. The return on this bond is set at 5.0% a year (5.5% for members of BWCE and South Somerset Community Energy Society) for 2 years with the option to extend beyond 2 years.
- BWCE intends to provide investors with a fair return on their investment. The target return to shareholders is 7% a year . BWCE have paid 7% a year to their investor for each of the last 4 years.
- You will be investing with an award-winning, well established community enterprise set up for the benefit of the local communities with which they work. They have already installed and are operating 16 other solar projects.
- You will be supporting the Community Fund. This fund uses BWCE’s surplus profits for re-investing in further local, low-carbon and fuel poverty projects. To date BWCE have allocated £75,000 for community projects. For more details go to the Community Fund page
- By funding BWCE’s purchase of Crewkerne solar array, you will be supporting renewable energy infrastructure that will help combat climate change and make communities more resilient in the face of the rising energy costs.
- BWCE will be working closely with Mongoose Energy. Mongoose Energy was set up as a separate company to develop and manage community generated clean energy. The directors and workers at Mongoose have a track record in energy generation, successful business management and community involvement.
- Applications for the share offer and bond offer will be administered by Ethex, experts in positive investment.
- BWCE was named Community Energy Organisation of the Year in 2014 by Community Energy England
Investment decisions must only be made on the basis of the offer document and not on information provided in this summary. Your original investment capital may be at risk and any return on your investment depends on the success of BWCE’s business as a whole. You should read the offer document in full, including the risk factors set out in the offer document, and the terms and conditions regarding this offer before investing. You should consider taking appropriate financial and other advice before making any investment decision.
South Somerset Community Energy Society
BWCE is working with South Somerset Community Energy Society to help promote the share and bond offers and develop the opportunity for them to buy into the project after year 2. Shareholder members of South Somerset Community Energy Society will also receive the 0.5% bonus. See the bond offer document for more details.