We are looking for sites suitable for solar photovoltaic, hydro and wind installations.
Solar sites need to be:
- South facing roofs
- Preferably over 80 m2 on a single building
- Secure (or can be secured)
- Near a suitable grid connection point
- Preferably on-site demand that can use the electricity produced
- No shading
- Unproductive land (if ground mounted system)
- Able to be used for at least 25 years
Benefits to site owners:
- Regular income from site rental, often for a site which has no alternative income generating potential, e.g. roof.
- Opportunity to use electricity generated on site, locking into a low electricity cost for 25 years, when prices are forecast to escalate rapidly.
- Opportunity to invest in the project, either as a Co-operative member or a strategic investor, earning an attractive return on investment without the full costs and risks of DIY development.
- Supporting our community based co-operative business model, providing benefits back to the local community.
- Contributing to our energy resilience and sustainability.
We are also looking for hydro and wind sites.
If you think you have a suitable site let us know (Contact Us)